Hey you MonsteRiser,
Let me be frank with you. I’m no Psychologist or Life Coach. I’m just a girl from around the way who learned a thing or three.
Like anybody, I’ve had my share of ups and downs. At times, I was a hot pancake mess! Until a wisdom teacher once said to me: Life is happening for you; not to you!
I wanted to dig a hole in somebody’s backyard and stick my head in it!
You like stories? … I’ll take your pause as a yes. Well, I like telling stories so let me tell you one.
I couldn’t see past my knees let alone how life was happening for me. But I soon came to understand that until I surrendered, I was going to continue wallowing in my mess.
I have a friend, let’s call her Selena for the sake of anonymity. Selena and I have been besties for a very long time, too long to count the years. Many moons ago I noticed that as I began to grow and evolve, Selena wanted to stay stuck with her glass three-quarters empty mentality. I was beginning to feel as if I was being held back, in many ways controlled. She managed to squeeze the joy right out of me. One morning, I had a heart to heart with Selena. I told her that I needed her to be responsible for the energy she brought to me. Well, you would have thought I asked Selena to sell her first born. She lashed out at me, filling my head up with all kinds of nonsense. The more I tried to get her to honor my wishes, the more she attacked. I was reminded of something else a Wisdom Teacher told me: the only one you have control over is yourself. While I couldn’t control Selena, I could control who and what I invited into my life.
Now, before we go any further. There’s something I need to tell you… Selena’s real name is Fear.
And after I finally had the courage to pull my head out of the dirt, I decided that either I could continue to be Fear’s fool or I could embrace her. You know the saying: keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
Let’s see: fool or friend . . . fool or friend . . .
I ain’t nobody’s fool . . . so I chose friend!
I know it sounds preposterous. Why would anyone want to make Fear their friend?
Because we’ve got it all wrong! Fear can be a very positive force. And, if you truly want to be happy, do what you were called to do, or do what matters most to you, you get to choose to change your perspective. So I crafted . . .
33 reasons why you should make Fear your friend. Let’s countdown together.
33. Move you to action
32. Force you to take risks
31. Inspire you to step outside of your comfort zone
30. Empower you to do something you’ve never done before
29. Help you grow
28. Unleash a creative idea
27. Make you keep it real
26. Coerce you to embrace change
25. Get you to live uninhibitedly
24. Boost your self confidence
23. Inspire you to Dare Greatly
22. Influence you to surrender
21. Spur you to take a leap of faith
20. Make you confront your insecurities
19. Give you courage
18. Awaken you
17. Persuade you to take the first step
16. Rouse your mental, physical, emotional and spiritual growth
15. Nudge you to live in the moment
14. Usher you into greatness
13. Guide you through obstacles
12. Remind you of what you were born to do but don’t have the heart to do it
11. Make you resilient
10. Motivate you to leave that mind-numbing job
9. Tell you what you have to do
8. Terrify you but stretch you too
7. Test your limits
6. Enliven your spirit
5. Excite you
4. Energize you
3. Encourage you to learn something new
2. Embolden you to be Fearless
And the number 1 reason why you should make Fear your friend?
Because if You don’t, Fear will haunt you for the rest of your life!
XO… Stay inspired!
Take a moment to share your thoughts, ideas or story in the comments below. I’d love to hear from you!
“Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood.” – Marie Curie