You’re tuning into The Monster Theory Podcast, Episode #8.
Do you ever feel like you’re on your way to accomplishing your goals and dreams but something just feels out of alignment? Like you are not in sync. I like to call this our PMS… and not the kind of PMS we get every month that causes us all kinds of aches and pains and bloating…. But the kind of PMS that we wrestle with every day when we are Physically, Mentally and Spiritually out of alignment.
It’s our internal compass that keeps us in check when we feel like we’re deviating from our purpose and mission in life. By focusing our energy towards aligning our PMS… meaning our Physical, Mental and Spiritual health, we clear the path and take charge of our lives in a way that positions us for success.
Well my next guest, Dedee Cai, is an expert in teaching leaders and entrepreneurs how to position their compass so they can tap into their truest self and excel by being physical, mentally and spiritually fit. She is the owner of Fit to Profit and Dedee is not only gifted in helping leaders and entrepreneurs reset their compass, but she also helps them confront and overcome their greatest fears and challenges, fondly known as their monsters, so they can be successful in every aspect of their lives.
She’s going to help us better understand how our health, wellbeing and dreams (whether it’s entrepreneurship or extraprenuership (meaning we crave for something more, a little extra) are all interwoven. Oh my goodness… is this going to be good! NOW… let’s get right to it!!
Tune in to the episode below:
- Who is Dedee Cai? A first-generation immigrant, it was ingrained in her at an early age that the one sure path to personal and professional success was to get a great education and work hard. So that’s exactly what she did, and for a time it all seemed to be working. She was running successful businesses, and from the outside, she looked like she was prospering. But she had an ugly secret – she woke up every day feeling burnt out, unmotivated and depressed. Then the day came when she woke up, and decided she had had enough. Her quest to find a better way of living led her to discover her true passion. Her company, Fit To Profit, leverages her expertise in psychology, cognitive science, holistic wellness, physical training and business to help executive leaders and entrepreneurs attain peak performance.
- How do you define freedom? First, freedom for me is freedom of self-expression – to be exactly who you are – to really find health, wealth & success. Create your own definition of success and profit and go after it! Your definition can include relationships, quality of life, health, wealth, all of the above, and more!
- Dedee says, “Organize your life in 6 areas: your health, wealth, fitness (physically, mentally, emotionally, & spiritually), your environment, your purpose, and time optimization. It’s not about managing your time, it’s about optimizing your time! Focus on what’s important…what will provide you quality over quantity…and optimize your time accordingly.”
- What are 3 things you can do everyday to create balance in your life? (1) Be disciplined with your schedule, (2) get really good at setting boundaries, & (3) delegate!
- When in doubt, put yourself first! You have nothing to give others if you don’t show up for yourself. You were created to live your purpose whether it’s big or small. Until you get connected with who you are, you’ll never be able to realize your true potential and your destiny.
What Did You Think? Leave A Review!
I’d love to hear from you after you listen to this episode. Leave a review and tell me what you liked, your favorite takeaways and any feedback you’d like to share. Don’t be shy! Your review just may be shared in an upcoming episode! If you love what you heard, subscribe to the podcast below so we can deliver future episodes straight to your inbox!
Links From This Episode:
Need More Monster Theory Goodness?
I’m always looking to connect with other warrior women who are on their monster journeys, just like me! While you’re listening to this week’s episode, snap a screenshot and tag me on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook! Don’t forget to hashtag #themonstertheorypodcast, so I can celebrate your screenshots with you too!
Don’t Forget To Subscribe So You Never Miss Out!
Stay up to date on all the newest podcast episodes! Subscribe in iTunes and you’ll get future episodes delivered right to your inbox!
Want to be featured on The Monster Theory Podcast? We’d love to hear your thoughts! Simply click here to leave a review and tune in to future episodes for a chance to hear me read it on the show!